Smithtown is a beautiful city along the north shore of Long Island, bordering Smithtown Bay. Home to nearly 120,000 people, the city is known for its amazing state parks and its family-friendliness. At Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita, our personal injury attorneys have represented members of the Smithtown community for over 60 years.
About Our Community of Smithtown
Originally called Smithfield, the area of Smithtown was first settled in the 1660s. The prevailing myth is that Richard Smith, who founded the town, rescued the abducted daughter of a Native American chief. In gratitude, the chief granted Smith a title to all the land he could encircle in a day on the back of a bull. So, Smith chose to ride on the bull on the longest day of the year — the summer solstice.
The land he encircled is said to be the area of the town today. A statue of the Smithtown Bull (whose name is Whisper) stands at the fork of Jericho Turnpike and St. Johnland Road.
While our city’s founding is surrounded in myth, our dedication to serving the community isn’t. Give us a call at (631) 543-7070 or contact us online today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Smithtown personal injury lawyer.
Who Our Smithtown Personal Injury Lawyers Help
Our attorneys have helped recover millions of dollars in compensation for victims of vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, construction accidents, defective products, wrongful death and more. We’re intimately familiar with all the state and local laws that dictate your ability to seek compensation.
We have helped clients throughout the villages and hamlets of Smithtown like Head of the Harbor, Commack, Kings Park, Nesconset, Village of the Branch, and others. If you’ve been injured in Smithtown or the surrounding area, we can help you determine if you are entitled to compensation.
Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Smithtown
No matter where you go or what you do during the day, there’s always a risk that you can be injured. These injuries can lead to a pile of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and much more. The good news is, if your injuries are caused by someone else’s actions or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
There are quite a few different types of compensation your Smithtown personal injury lawyer may seek. These types of compensation, or damages, will help you recover both economic damages for the real money you lost due to your injury, as well as the noneconomic losses you suffered.
Your lawyer can help you seek compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Past and future medical and rehabilitation bills
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
- Replacement domestic services
- And more
Any type of injury can lead to these losses. Some of the most common types of cases our Smithtown personal injury lawyers handle include:
- Vehicle accidents — The predominant cause of accidental injury and death in Smithtown, NY.
- Commercial truck accidents — Accidents with heavy commercial trucks often result in complex cases involving multiple claims against several individuals and companies.
- Malpractice in the medical field — Major injuries caused by negligence on the part of any member of the medical field can lead to complex claims.
- Product defects — The use of defective products happens at a surprisingly frequent rate, and when these products cause bodily harm, victims must be able to seek restitution from those companies responsible for the defects.
- Premises Liability — Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere – on private property, at work, or at a business – but they all may result in serious injuries and possible permanent disability.
- Accidents at construction work sites — There has been a rise in costly injuries and deaths in New York state resulting from accidents at construction job sites.
- Wrongful death — Smithtown estate executors and family members can claim damages for the avoidable deaths of loved ones due to others’ negligence
Get the Compensation You Deserve with the Help of a Smithtown Personal Injury Attorney
If you’ve been injured by another person’s negligence or intentional actions, you have legal rights. At Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita, our personal injury attorneys have represented members of the Smithtown community for over 60 years.
We’ll do everything we can to settle your case out of court so you can get your money faster. But if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement, we have the skills and experience to fight for your rights in the courtroom. We don’t charge a dime unless we win your case, you there’s no upfront cost to hire us.
Give us a call at (631) 543-7070 or contact us online today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Smithtown personal injury lawyer.