The scenic and historic town of Islip, NY is known for its hard-working people and closely knit families. For over 60 years, Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita have had a presence in this community, helping people find justice and fight for their legal rights.
Islip was founded in the 1680s by William Nicoll, the son of the sixth New York City mayor, Matthias Nicoll. Over the next centuries, the charming town became an enclave for wealthy families and those seeking an escape from the imposing density of the city. Situated across the bay from Fire Island, Islip became a town of classically influenced mansions surrounded by farmers, artisans, and a growing industrial working-class population.
Modern Islip holds onto this heritage of prosperity, industriousness, and community. Individuals who live here tend to look after one another like family and prop up each other’s success through a network of like-minded but diverse professionals.
Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita is proud to play a part in this network by helping Islip’s people recover financially after the devastating effects of a personal injury. Whether they were seriously hurt in a car accident, a slip and fall, medical malpractice, defective products, or some other cause, we have been able to provide an Islip personal injury attorney to help individuals seek out a fair claim.
The attorneys serving local citizens have come to know the Islip area’s hamlets and main streets by heart. Our past cases have included clients in Bay Shore, Brentwood, Central Islip, Sayville, West Islip, East Islip, North Bay Shore, and more. We have a history of winning cases and earning personal injury victims fair compensation through insurance settlements.
Let us be your counsel as well as your guide to help you navigate the legal system so that you have a greater chance of securing the settlement or award you deserve. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita always help you assess an accurate value of your damages and back these figures up with evidence and expert testimony so that you can seek the maximum amount in your claim that the law permits.
Know that we are here as your trusted Islip legal resource in your time of need. If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of another’s potential negligence, contact us today. You can receive a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your claim and possibly begin your case.
Types of Accidents in Islip Our Attorneys Have Helped Personal Injury Victims Recover Financially From
Your health is the most precious thing you have. Unfortunately, Islip citizens face a number of threats to their health and safety every day. When someone acts negligently or has a pattern of negligent behavior, they endanger Islip’s finest citizens and risk causing a major injury. The resulting medical bills, lost wages, replacement domestic services, and pain and suffering can all take their mental and financial toll on someone’s future.
Statistics from the New York Department of Health show that, in an average month, car accidents in Suffolk County cause 11 deaths, 122 hospitalizations, and 1,466 emergency department (ED) visits. These accidents alone caused $114.2 million in hospital bills and $57.4 million in ED charges between the years of 2012 and 2014 alone.
While car accidents are a major culprit behind such personal injuries, they are not the only danger that Islip citizens must contend with. Our firm has experience representing injury victims from Islip in personal injury cases that include:
- Car accidents — A leading cause of accidental injury and death in Islip, NY
- Truck accidents — Accidents with heavy commercial vehicles can often involve multiple claims against several companies and individuals
- Medical malpractice — Negligence on the part of a physician, health care professional, or medical services provider can cause major injuries and lead to complex claims.
- Defective product — Defective products find their way into our homes and businesses in surprising amounts, and when these products cause injuries victims must seek recourse from companies with vast legal resources at their disposal.
- Premises Liability — premises liability accidents can happen at work, at a business, or on private property, but they all pose risks of serious injuries and possible permanent disability.
- Construction accident — Construction accidents and deaths have been on the rise in New York state, leading to costly injuries
- Wrongful death — Preventable deaths caused by the negligence of others can lead to claims taken up by surviving Islip family members or estate representatives.
Work with a trusted Islip personal injury attorney who is looking out for your future. Contact Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita at 631-543-7070 to receive your free consultation today.