According to local legend, the scenic hamlet of Smithtown was established by its namesake, Richard Smith, in the 1660s after receiving the land as a reward for rescuing the daughter of the area’s Native American chief. The chief, as it has been told, offered Smith as much land as he could encircle on a bull in a day. Smith waited until the longest day of the year, the summer solstice, hopped on his bull Whisper, and proceeded to acquire nearly 110 square miles of land on which to build his settlement. It is exactly this innovative thinking, this tireless work ethic, and this spirit of togetherness that are the hallmarks of Sarisohn, Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita.
For the past 50 years, Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita has remained a steadfast advocate for this community, helping the citizens of Smithtown and its surrounding environs to secure justice and recover financially from the aftermath of often-traumatic personal injury. The attorneys of our well-reputed firm have extensive experience in all types of personal injury cases, including the classic slip-and-fall, vehicle accidents, injuries sustained because of a defective product, or pain caused by medical malpractice. Whatever the cause, we are always ready to provide a skilled and knowledgeable lawyer to help those hurt to navigate the legal system and claim what is rightfully theirs.
The attorneys who serve the Smithtown population of which they are a part have come to know the landscape, neighboring villages, and connecting streets well. We have handled cases for clients in Hauppauge, Commack, Nissequogue, Kings Park, Nesconset, St. James, Head of the Harbor, and more. During the last half-century, we have established a robust portfolio of both victorious litigation and providing injured parties monetary justice through settlements with insurance companies.
If you have suffered any type of personal injury, let us be your guide to a better opportunity of claiming the award or settlement you deserve. The knowledgeable and capable personal injury lawyers at Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita will always provide an accurate assessment of your damages, supported by carefully researched evidence and the convincing testimony of experts. This tried-and-true approach usually yields the most compensation for your type of claim.
Please take the time and contact us today if you or someone you love have been injured due to another’s possible negligence. The process begins with a free phone consultation to just discuss the details of your claim – there is no obligation at this point. Whether a case proceeds from this discussion or not, just realize that Sarisohn, Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita are here as your reliable Smithtown legal support during this stressful time.
For What Types of Injury Causes Can Our Lawyers Provide Experienced Legal Support?
Nothing is more important to you than your health, but, unfortunately, there are numerous daily threats to your precious health and safety. Along with destructive acts of nature, negligent people are the other constant source of injury risk. Major personal injury takes its toll on the victim’s future, through lost wages, pain and suffering, and the rising cost of medical bills.
According to the New York Department of Health, car accidents in Suffolk County were cited as the cause for the deaths of 11 people, the hospitalization of 122, and the emergency room (ER) visits of nearly 1,500 on average per month between the years 2012 and 2014. Annually, the cost in medical bills for these accidents averaged $114.2 million in hospital costs and $57.4 million in ER charges in the same time period.
While car accidents are the cause of the major proportion of personal injuries, they are definitely not the only danger with which Smithtown citizens must contend. Our attorneys have extensive experience in counseling injury victims in cases that include:
- Vehicle accidents — The predominant cause of accidental injury and death in Smithtown, NY.
- Commercial truck accidents — Accidents with heavy commercial trucks often result in complex cases involving multiple claims against several individuals and companies.
- Malpractice in the medical field — Major injuries caused by negligence on the part of any member of the medical field can lead to complex claims.
- Product defects — The use of defective products happens at a surprisingly frequent rate, and when these products cause bodily harm, victims must be able to seek restitution from those companies responsible for the defects.
- Premises Liability — Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere – on private property, at work, or at a business - but they all may result in serious injuries and possible permanent disability.
- Accidents at construction work sites — There has been a rise in costly injuries and deaths in New York state resulting from accidents at construction job sites.
- Wrongful death — Smithtown estate executors and family members can claim damages for the avoidable deaths of loved ones due to others’ negligence
A reliable Smithtown personal injury attorney, who is interested in alleviating the mental, financial, and emotional anguish of suffering a major injury, is ready to discuss your claim. Contact Sarisohn, Carner & DeVita at 631-543-7070 to receive your free consultation today.